Wednesday, July 16, 2014

welcome!

 


 Hello there! Welcome to my new blog, Once in a Woodland, which I have created to write about my adventures as a mori girl. First, let me say that I just recently learned of this lifestyle/fashion. Before a few months ago I had no idea what mori meant, let alone what a mori girl was. But, as I read and researched the style online, I found that it is practically the definition for how I live my life. It felt good to learn that I was not alone in my interests and lifestyle choices; there were other girls who live similar to the way that I do.

While I was scrolling through websites, I noticed one thing about the style that doesn't fit me. Layering. I know, it's a key part of the mori girl style, but it just doesn't suit my taste. I have found that I relate much more to the lifestyle, and some elements of the fashion (lace, soft colors, tights, etc.) rather than the entire style. Anyways, that's enough explaining on that topic for now...let's move on!

Since this is my first post, I thought I'd write a bit about some things that I absolutely love. Here they are...

1. The smell of pine and fir trees.
You know when you walk through the woods and there's no one around? When it's perfectly quiet? When you can smell the trees around you, their lovely aromas swirling about? That is something I love. It makes me want to curl up under a tree, stare up at the sky, and fall asleep with the scent of pure forest in my head.

2. The taste of creamy, sweet, warm tea, especially at night.
When I'm sad, cold, or stressed, tea is the perfect cure. It's simply delicious! A few of my favorite teas are Vanilla Rooibos, English Breakfast, and the wonderfully classic Chamomile.

3. When the wind blows, and all of the plants seem to dance in the breeze. 
If I'm standing in the forest or a meadow, looking out a window, or opening the door, it is such a magical sight to see all of the flowers and leaves in the trees appear to dance. Stepping out into a calm day, only to be greeted by a slight wind once you're out the door is a very peaceful and relaxing thing, especially when you see the plants around you twirling and fluttering.

That's it for my first post! I hope you enjoyed, and come back for more. I think that it's important, and a large part of the mori girl lifestyle, to notice and appreciate the little things in life that make you happy. Don't take them for granted; that will only make life pass by faster.

Until next time,
Eliza


1 comment:

Cute Deer