Thursday, July 17, 2014

a mori girl's hobbies

 


Hello again! Today I have quite a lot of free time, which got me thinking...

What mori girl hobbies could I partake in when I'm bored or in need of something interesting to do?

Right off the bat, I could think of these (listed below). All of these I would love to do more of, and they are all very fitting for the style.

1) Baking/cooking (especially with herbs picked from the garden)
2) Photography (Lomography and Polaroid cameras especially)
3) Writing/Journaling
4) Reading (Fairytales, classics, European fiction/historical fiction)
5) Hiking/wandering through the woods
6) Drawing/Painting (watercolors and woodland scenes are wonderful!)
7) Drinking tea (yes, it can be a hobby)
8) Travel (especially Europe, a mori girl's dream)
9) Singing/playing an instrument (folk music, lullabies, or music you'd hear in a fairy forest are best)
10) Crafting (with natural or found materials)
11) Knitting
12) Bird watching
13) Daydreaming

Whew! That's all the mori girl hobbies I can think of at the moment. Each one is simply lovely in my opinion, making each one very desirable. The only question now is, which ones will I choose? (I would love to do all of them eventually, but I mean right at this moment)

Goodbye deers,
Eliza

Picture credit: bookofdeer.com


2 comments:

  1. Embroidery, looming, wildcrafting, herbalism (look into it!) and watercolor-painting are a few of mine ^-^
    Also, look into homesteading a bit. There are a lot of little things you can do that are very Mori. Such as basket weaving (from collecting your own material, such as willow branches). things of that nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful things! I most certainly will look into both herbalism and homesteading. Thank you so much for your comment and for finding my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Cute Deer